backup of quotes

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. Carl Sagan

Keep your mind open, just not so much that your brains fall out. Richard Feynman

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. Eric Arthur Blair

The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry. Richard Dawkins

The Medium is the Message. Marshall McLuhan

If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking power called an idea, which an individual may exclusively possess as long as he keeps it to himself; but the moment it is divulged, it forces itself into the possession of every one, and the receiver cannot dispossess himself of it. Its peculiar character, too, is that no one possesses the less, because every other possesses the whole of it. He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

When you don’t create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability. Your tastes only narrow and exclude people. So create. _why

Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish. Stewart Brand

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away. Antoine de Saint Exupéry

‎90% of coding is debugging. The other 10% is writing bugs. Bram Cohen

Believing that the dots will connect down the road will give you the confidence to follow your heart even when it leads you off the well worn path; and that will make all the difference. Steve Jobs
Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer. Humphry Davy

The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim. Edsger Dijkstra

Advertisements

About antimatter15

I am literally an upside down penguin. No, I'm not a gas mask, which I have been told this profile pic looks like in low resolutions (or squinting). But I have one. Or at least I'd like to pretend I do so you don't chloroform me. In truth, I only have eye protection, because apparently hackers can make your PC explode. Literally. Cool right? Well, that's why I have these safety googles within an arm's length - Well, for that or if I need to peel an orange.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s